Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HEAT!!

So we've been without heat so far this year and with the early snow, our house has been very cold! We have had a space heater in Brooklyn's room as well as ours which keeps those rooms comfortable. Brooklyn and I have been stuck in her room for almost 2 weeks and we both are getting cabin fever. There is only so much you can do when you are confined to one room. I have been able to get quite a bit of blogging and crocheting done. Which has been a lot of fun. I also got a few lessons done for my class, which feels fantastic.

We started out by ordering 250 gallons of diesel, thinking that was the problem. When that didn't work, we had someone come to service our furnace and found out that we had to have our chimney and furnace cleaned out because they were both filled with soot. The technician told me he wouldn't finish working on the furnace until it was cleaned because it could ignite and start a house fire. He also said that the furnace pilot light wasn't getting the oxygen flow that it needed and that was why the furnace kept shutting off.

Today we finally got a guy out here to clean everything up. His truck was very different but it got our furnace cleaned so we could get it running. The guy that cleaned it out was very dirty by the time he was done. I'm glad I don't have to wash his clothes!!


This afternoon the technician came back and fixed the furnace and we had HEAT!! It was so nice to have a warm house. Brooklyn and I were really getting tired of being confined to one or two rooms in the house. Granted, I got a lot of schoolwork done, but cabin fever definitely set in. I can't wait to get the rest of the house cleaned. After a week or so of being in Brooklyn's room, the rest of the house was neglected and it'll be nice to get it cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment