Monday, October 17, 2011

COWS!!

Today was a lot of fun! Tyson is taking the whole week off to help on the farm and go hunting. It's been nice to spend a little extra time with him. Today we put up fence and moved the cows out to the hay. I drove the pickup up and down the lands so Tyson and Gary could get the fence posts and knobs out of the back. Brooklyn sat on my lap and peaked out the window at Tyson as he counted steps for the next post. She would talk, laugh and giggle on my lap. When we were waiting to for them to fix a path for the cows, I read while Brooklyn explored the back of the pickup. I played Peek-a-Boo with Brooklyn and got her squealing and giggling. She's really been a lot of fun. What a great morning!!


Tyson and I went into town to get Tyson's hunting license and tags while Gary tried to get all of the cows and calves to go across the canal and onto the correct land. Three of the older calves didn't want to go across, but one of the younger calves just bolted across. I guess those four were chickens, you could say. When Tyson and I got home from town, we helped load them in the trailer and then Tyson picked up the new calf that was born yesterday and we headed down the road. Tyson sat in the back of the pickup holding the calf down so that it wouldn't get hurt and Brooklyn and I sat in the back seat so she could see the calf. She was so excited she was squealing and talking up a storm. She had a lot of fun!! When we got down to the other field, we unloaded the calves into the new shoot to hold them and separate them from the others. Then the guys separated all of the cows that needed to be and then we let the little calves out. Brooklyn enjoyed getting her picture taken with the littlest calf. All of that took too long so Tyson didn't end up getting to go hunting but it was nice to spend the day together.

I hope we can figure out a way to farm full time so Brooklyn and I can spend more time with Tyson. We've all enjoyed it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment