Monday, October 31, 2011

HALLOWEEN

Today was so much fun!! Since the movie Despicable Me came out, I've wanted to dress Brooklyn up as a little Minion. We looked for costumes but they didn't make any for infants and the ones that we could buy for older kids were not cute at all. So we decided that making one would be the best way to go. We looked all over Idaho Falls to find a pattern for the basic shape of the body. No one had anything that was even close so I decided that I would have to design her whole costume. It was a daunting task but we finally figured it out! I sewed all day Friday and finally got it done, after a very frustrating day of sewing. Trying to get a sewing machine to work, that wasn't mine, was making me want to pull my hair out.


But all of the frustration and time definately paid off! The outfit is adorable and everyone loved it. It kept her toasty warm during the evening of trunk or treating. She had a blast and even got used to her costume being on. She didn't like it at first, but after being in it for a while, she didn't seem to mind it. I can't wait to decide and make her costume for next year!

Here is a video of her walking, or should I say wadling, in her costume. It had all of us laughing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment