Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference Weekend

This morning Tyson took Brooklyn with him to change water. She's been sick and has two ear infections so we decided to really bundle her up. She had a blast with her daddy and grandpa. She even got to ride in the tractor on Grandpa Coles' lap.


"Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It's not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." Elder Neil L. Andersen (October 2011 General Conference) This was my favorite talk that I was able to listen to. The mother than put this on her blog is absolutely right and I love being a mother!

We were only able to listen to a little bit of Conference due to a crazy weekend. Yesterday we were out farming and fixing the tractor so we were able to listen to a little bit then. And around 1:30 am this morning, we took Brooklyn to the emergency room. She had been running a fever since Wednesday and we had given her some Motrin like the doctor told us to at 8:00 pm last night. Her fever went down, but it went too low. When we checked her at about 9:30 pm she was at 96.8 F. When she woke up around 11:30 pm she was at 96.4 F. We checked her about a half hour later and she was down to 96.2 F. We called Tyson's dad to come up and give her a priesthood blessing. We took her out of her wet clothes and put her in some dry ones and bundled her up again. Her body felt cold and clammy after snuggling with her for a half hour and her temperature hadn't gone back up so we headed to the ER to make sure that she was okay. When we got there her temperature had gone back up and was at 97.8 F so the doctor just blew us off and said that our thermometer was probably not working. Tyson and I were positive that it wasn't the thermometer. I checked my temperature when we got back home and it said I was 98.2 F. I was upset that the doctor wouldn't even really listen to us. Her body was cold when we left for the hospital so it wasn't the thermometer.

Here's Tyson and Brooklyn during conference, worn out from the night's activity.


I knew why her temperature had gone up. It was the priesthood blessing that she was given. I am so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood. It is such a blessing to be able to have my daughter and I get blessings whenever we need them and we know that they work!! I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to help when we are worried about our little Brooklyn. What an amazing experience, it strengthened my testimony of the priesthood and gave me an added peace of mind.

All in all, we had an interesting weekend but all went well and that's what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment