Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting Ready For Winter!!

Yesterday we worked on the lawn as a family to get it ready for winter. We had to mow the lawn a couple times to get it short enough and there was a lot of cut grass so we decided to rake it up. I started on the front lawn while Tyson mowed the back. I didn't have a rake so I had to use a snow shovel to rake it all up, which was a lot more work to get all of the grass into a pile. Barkley got home and came over with a rake and told me it would probably work faster with it. The job definitely went a lot faster on the side lawn, and my back and shoulders hurt a lot less. After a few hours of mowing and raking the lawn, we were only halfway done. I can't believe how many clippings there are!!


We mowed the grass like this for the first pass around the back lawn and by the end my legs and back were killing me. It was fun having the three of us together while we got the lawn ready.  
Today, I strapped Brooklyn on my back so I could finish raking the grass clippings into a pile while Tyson cut hay. I was busily raking and when I stopped to give my arms a little break, I noticed Brooklyn's legs were hanging limply and she was really quiet. Tyson came up the road and I walked over to ask him if she was asleep. He laughed and told me she was out so we decided to turn her around so she was facing my back instead of away from me.


I finally finished it up about 2 hours after I started and now we have five piles of grass around the house, and no idea what to do with all of it.

After taking a ride in the tractor with Tyson, we came home and took pictures of Brooklyn in the big pile of grass out back. She looked so tiny surrounded by all of it. She took handfuls of it and clapped her hands, thoroughly enjoying herself. Her eyes were so blue surrounded by the grass and the red and white coat. I love those blue eyes, they're so pretty!!
 

Beautiful Blue Eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment