Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's a Boy!!

This morning started off like any normal day. Brooklyn and I went to town to get groceries. I think it was the shortest shopping trip we've ever had!! It usually takes us 3-4 hours and today it was only 2 hours! We got home and took a nap. Where she hasn't slept well all week we both took one and it felt great! We woke up, ate lunch and then headed to Rexburg for the ultrasound!!

We got to the doctor's office and had to wait for 20 minutes to get back. Brooklyn had fun with Tyson in the waiting room. She would try to get around him and he would chase her and block her way. She was giggling and squealing. It was so much fun to watch them play. We finally got to go back to the ultrasound room where they put the gel on my stomach. I must say, it is a gross feeling but at least it was warm! The tech started the ultrasound and it wasn't long before we knew it was a BOY!!!! We were so excited. Tyson will have his little farmer boy, and he was super excited about it. There is something about guys when they find out they are having a son. Throughout the ultrasound, our little boy was quite the mover and very shy. Every time the tech tried to get a picture of his face he would turn his head or hide behind his hands. She was trying to get his feet and leg bones and every time she would get close to the picture she needed, he would move. It took a good 10-15 minutes to get his face and she had to keep moving on to other things and coming back to the ones he wouldn't cooperate for. It looks like I might have another busy body on my hands but we'll see what he's like when he gets here in July!! It was so much fun to see his hands, feet and face. I look forward to meeting him soon!

The doctor said everything was looking great. Our little boy must be quite the eater because he was measuring 5 days ahead of his due date. I am hoping he isn't a really big baby. Tyson and I were bigger babies and I really don't want one as big as either of us were. 

This whole pregnancy I've had the feeling that we were having a boy and I'm glad my intuitions were right!! We're so excited to have a little boy running around in the near future! It will be so much fun to see how he and Brooklyn get along where they are close in age. I'm excited to meet this little "football player" I have moving in my tummy. He's definitely very active, just like Brooklyn! They should get along well!!

He's waving!!

He's trying to hide his face again! Cute profile picture!!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! It is fun being a momma to a little boy they treat you like you are the most important person in the world. They have fun toys and do funny things (like everything has the possibility of being a sword or a car). Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete