Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Canada Trip: Day 2

Today Tyson and I were able to go through a session at the Cardston Temple. It was absolutely wonderful! The weather was beautiful, as was the temple. We started out early this morning so that we could visit other places as well today. The session was great and afterwards, we walked around to see the beautiful grounds that are always kept up so well. We've been wanting to visit this Temple since we got married and were excited to have the opportunity.

We went to the temple visitors center and were able to see pictures of the construction of the temple as well as remodeling that was done. The workers in the visitors center told us a few places that we could go while we were here. They also told us that Simon Dewey lived not too far from the temple. We were excited to hear that because that is Tyson's favorite artist. It would have been cool to have met him.


After going to the temple, we went back to our hotel to change and then headed out for Waterton Lakes National Park. The drive was beautiful and we were able to stop several times to take pictures along the way. The country up here is magnificent. I love the landscape and views as we drive through.

When we got into the national park farther, we found a mountain with a hiking trail. We went to the visitor center at the base of the mountain and looked through some of the brochures. One of them showed a view from the top of Bear's Hump and we decided that it would be a great place to take a look over the area. We started up the hill, and about halfway up I really started to get winded. I guess I didn't think that being 3 months pregnant would have much affect on me, but boy was I wrong. It took us a while to get up to the top but we made it! The view from the top was awe inspiring and took my breath away. We were able to see the towns below and the lakes all around the mountain. It was all worth the tiring hike and I would do it again to have the opportunity to see that view again. 


We descended the mountain and went to see one of the buildings below. It was the Prince of Wales Hotel. There were stairs that went up the front of the building. 


We proceeded through the park to Cameron Lake and Mount Custer. It was raining but we got out and took shelter in the buildings by the lake. The mountain still had snow on it and it was cold but worth it.


We even got the opportunity to see much of the wildlife through the park.


Today was a wonderful day. We were able to see so many things and come to a place we've both been longing to see. I have enjoyed my time in Cardston. I can't wait to be back in a couple days, and I hope we'll be able to come back after the baby is born. It would be so fun to share this with him or her.

I love getting to go on new adventures to places I've never been!!

No comments:

Post a Comment