Thursday, January 12, 2012

Flu :(

January 8, 2012

Today we went to church with Kimarie and Jason and got to be there for Coleson's blessing. He looked so cute in his blessing outfit and he was so good all through church. Seeing him so small made it hard to believe Brooklyn used to be that small. I went to Young Womens with Kimarie, where everyone thought I was one of the young women. When I told the one leader that I was actually 24 and had a one year-old, I think I shocked her. I'm glad I look young but I guess I should be used to people thinking I'm a teenager because I get it all the time. Like my mom always says, I'll love it when I'm 30 and people think I'm in my 20's. The lesson in Young Womens was so good. I felt the spirit so strong and it was nice to be able to listen to the lesson without trying to keep Brooklyn in a good mood or entertained. Tyson had taken her to priesthood with him, which was really nice.

After church, we went to Kimarie's and ate a delicious lunch and broke the news of us being pregnant. Everyone was super excited and we sat and talked for a little while.

Brooklyn hadn't wanted to eat anything but blueberries for dinner and then she threw them up all over me. Kimarie said she would spot the clothes while Tyson and I got Brooklyn in the bathtub. After throwing up, I thought she wouldn't want to play in the tub but I was wrong. She had a blast and even started to get on her tummy and splash around like she was swimming. It's the first time she's done that in the tub and it was so cute. After her bath we got her dressed and hung out again with everyone. She threw up a few more times, not as badly, and Tyson and I were wondering if maybe she had too many blue berries or if maybe she'd come down with the flu. We had to drive to the hotel tonight so Kimarie sent us with a bowl and a towel in case we needed it. I'm so glad she did because Brooklyn threw up all over her car seat. I was sitting back there with her so I was able to use the bowl until we could pull over.

Well, we finally made it to the hotel and cleaned her up again in the tub. After she was clean and dressed, we decided to see if she would drink a little milk and go to bed. She drank the sippi cup and then threw up all over me again. We both ended up in the shower so we could clean up. We decided that we'd better put her to bed and let her tummy settle and feed her something when she woke up.

What an eventful Sunday!!




January 9, 2012

Tyson left for class earlier this morning and Brooklyn and I fell back to sleep. When we woke up, we tried to walk to the store but couldn't figure out where it was so we walked back to the hotel and got the car. We drove around and finally found it right across the street. I guess I was blind when we were walking, I thought it was just next door so I didn't even look across the street. We got some food for lunch and headed back to the hotel.

When we got back, Brooklyn went down for a nap and I studied my Medical Transcription class. Other than that we didn't do much while Tyson was in class because I didn't want to do too much with Brooklyn where she hadn't been feeling good yesterday. She didn't throw up at all while Tyson was in class so I figured I would give her a day to recover. She hadn't wanted much to eat so she didn't have much energy.

We had dinner downstairs with everyone else from John Deere. I got to meet a really nice couple from Canada, and it turns out they used to live in Cardston. It was great getting to talk to them and they were LDS so it was nice. There weren't very many people besides us that weren't drinking alcohol so it was nice to have something in common with them. I met a bunch of people that Tyson works with in other states. We all met down in the hallway for a mingling party before dinner and then went in to eat around 7:00 pm. For dinner we had salad, which Brooklyn enjoyed because she ate all of our cucumbers, then they brought out steak and shrimp. I put the shrimp off to the side and ate as much stake as I could. The rolls were excellent and all-in-all, dinner was great! It was nice to get out of the room and mingle with other people.



January 10, 2012

Today the weather was horrible. I was thinking about taking Brooklyn down to the pool but it was raining and extremely windy. Brooklyn enjoyed looking out the window for most of the day.

When Tyson got back from class, we decided to drive to Olive Garden for dinner. On the drive over, Brooklyn threw up in the back again. So we had to stop in Toys'R'Us parking lot to get her cleaned up as much as possible. Tyson had to do the majority of it because the smell was really getting to me. Then it was back to the hotel for another evening in. Tyson went to get us dinner from KFC, which he found out was further than he had anticipated. He got back and we tried to get Brooklyn to eat some baked potato but she still didn't want to eat anything. We gave her 4 ounces of milk to let it settle and when she didn't throw it up, Tyson gave her a little more. A little while later, to Tyson's surprise, she threw it all up on him. So this time they had to get in the shower while I cleaned up the floor and our luggage. I feel so bad for Brooklyn. It's no fun when you are sick on vacation! We put her to bed hoping tomorrow will be better for her.


January 11, 2012

Tyson was in the hotel for classes today and he came up at lunch time not feeling well. He looked pale and I knew he had to have gotten something. We heard that the flu was going around the hotel so we figured it was that. He drank some Sprite to see if it would calm his stomach down so he could go to his afternoon classes. A few minutes before his class started, he headed down feeling a little better. I went to the store to get him some medicine and to get Brooklyn and I some lunch. We got home and ate and Tyson came back up after his class feeling worse.

He fell asleep on the bed and I woke him up to get him to eat something so he could take some medicine. He said if he didn't feel better in the morning he would stay and help me pack up everything in the car and we'd drive to Kimarie's. After that, he went to bed for the night while I got Brooklyn ready for bed.

Another interesting day of vacation. I'm beginning to think that this vacation is going to be full of sickness and no fun. I hope I don't get it next.


January 12, 2012

Tyson was feeling better after a good nights rest so he went to class. I started packing the car with the things Brooklyn and I weren't going to need for the day and then I packed up our things. Brooklyn ran down the hall on each trip back from the car and she loved every minute of it. I think she is feeling a lot better today! Let's hope!



Kimarie told me she would be there to pick Brooklyn and I up around noon so Brooklyn and I went exploring where she was feeling so much better. We took pictures of the pool since we never got to get in, and I let Brooklyn lay on her tummy and put her hands in the water. The water was nice and I wanted to jump in but we didn't have enough time.





The plants here in Florida are so cool! There were some I have seen before but others that I hadn't. I don't know what all of them are but I enjoyed taking pictures of them.





I checked us out of the hotel and left the car keys with the front desk when it was time. Brooklyn played peek-a-boo with the ladies at the front desk for a little while and then her and I waited for Kimarie.

Kimarie got there and drove us both back to her house, where we talked and relaxed until she had to go and get the girls from school. Brooklyn and I took a nap while she was gone and then Tyson got there after he was done with class. For the rest of the night we hung out, watched a little TV and ate dinner. It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment