Monday, December 27, 2010

New Arrival!

So I was asked all day yesterday about if I thought I would have the baby early. I told everyone that the baby hadn't dropped so I assumed she would be late. As we were going to bed I got some pains in my abdomen but it felt like a cramp at first so I tried to get some sleep. I laid there for an hour as the pain got worse and worse. I finally got out of bed and went into the office to look up labor contractions on the Internet. The descriptions that I read sounded a lot like what I was feeling so I woke Tyson up. We called up to the hospital labor and delivery department and asked them when I needed to come in. The nurse that I talked to told me that I should come in when the contractions lasted a minute and were about four minutes apart. She also said that it could be false labor so I needed to take a warm shower. If the pains went away, then it was just false labor. So I got in the shower and the pains didn't go away. By this time, the contractions were 45 seconds long and about 3-4 minutes apart, and when I got out of the shower, they were about a minute long. So we hurried and got dressed and ready to head to the hospital.


Tyson went out and shoveled the walkway and started the car so it would be warm for me when we got in. He is the best husband ever!! We got in and headed to the hospital. It was about 1:00 am when we left and I was admitted by 2:30 or 3:00 am. They let me get in the jacuzzi tub which felt so good during the contractions. I had Tyson call my parents who were surprised by his phone call and they said they would leave when the freeway opened. They left around 8:00 am when the freeways opened back up. After being in the jacuzzi for a while, it started to get too warm and I had a panic attack. Tyson got me out quickly and he took me back to my room. I had not planned on getting an epidural but after the contractions got to be too much to handle, I asked if I could get one. The nurse told me it would take about a half and hour to get it because the person who administered it had to drive up to the hospital. When I heard this, I was so shocked. I was thinking that they could give it to me immediately. I wished I had said something a half hour earlier!! So around 4:30 am I was able to get the epidural, and I must say that it was a lifesaver! The next few hours went much better and around 9:00 am the epidural started to wear off. It wore off on my right side first and then my left. The last hour and a half of labor I had no numbing, which was okay after it was all over with.


Pushing only took about an hour and labor was only about 11 hours long. I was soooo blessed. At 10:52 am this morning, our beautiful Brooklyn was born. She weighs 7 pounds 12 ounces and is 19 inches long.

Brooklyn Jean Coles

Tyson's parents were the first ones up to see us, and my parents and brothers and sister got there around noon. Everyone was so excited to see us. This was the first grandchild on my side and it was the 28th on Tyson's side. Everyone had a lot of fun holding Brooklyn and I had the hardest time staying awake. I was so exhausted from labor and delivery and the extra medicine they gave me when the epidural started to wear off. All in all it was such a wonderful day and we are so proud of our new baby girl!! I am so grateful that Tyson was there through it all and for all of his help. He is the love of my life and I am so glad that we got to bring such a precious baby into this world. We are one happy family!


No comments:

Post a Comment